Video Games – Flashback

Most of you who were born before the 90′s should have definitely gone through the phase of playing the cartridge game console, Sega, Nintendo and the ever popular Playstation. To be frank, I never owned the latter three but I did owned the cartridge game console for a few years, until my family bought a computer.

I have to admit that I have never been a gamer nor love to spend my money on buying / playing games. Those days, it was like 1-game-per-month basis and it did sucked, back then. To those who are wondering on what a cartridge game console looks like, here is an example of a fucked up version of the Playstation, called Polystation.

Polystation

Back then, the games comes in a cartridge and most of the time, there won’t be one game in that thing, but it can go up to 100 in 1, 1000 in 1 and even 50,000 in 1. I was too dumb to realise at that time that most of the games are repeated as you browse page by page.

To refresh back our memories, here are some of the memorable games that I have played and all these will never be forgotten as they are the pioneers of all games.

TETRIS: -show hidden content-

BOMBERMAN: -show hidden content-

CIRCUS CHARLIE: -show hidden content-

EXCITE BIKE: -show hidden content-

GALAXY: -show hidden content-

KUNGFU: -show hidden content-

ROAD FIGHTER: -show hidden content-

SUPER TANK: -show hidden content-

SUPER MARIO: -show hidden content-

STREET FIGHTER: -show hidden content-

Talking about Street Fighter, you might wanna check this funny shit: -show hidden content-

This post was meant to be a light refreshment instead of talking about the pros / cons of video games. My blog has been in a hibernation mode for quite some time and now I am ready to start everything all over. Together with my M1 partner Durai, we are ready to rock the scene. Valge M1.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

VIKNESWARAN G. @ MAKKEZ

A system administrator by profession and a freelance web designer by nature. If any of my articles seem to be offending to you, feel free to drop me a message via my Facebook Profile. Those who wish to keep in touch, may also contact me via Facebook. Sekian, terima kasih.

Featured Articles

12 Responses for "Video Games – Flashback"

1. Avatar anilah January 22nd, 2010 at 4:47 pm

i used to have one cartridge thing called micro genius! it had galaxy & kungfu but i lovedddd it. at that time la, hehe. have a good weekend!

2. Avatar Durai January 22nd, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Haha…brings back those days nostalgia.

I have ps2 though bro, and i’m still playing on it once in a while. Damn, those cartridge games, used to be so famous during my primary schooling period. Lol. :lol:

Ipeh nenecha sipe sipe varethe pongge..

3. Avatar Eyezmachi January 25th, 2010 at 12:34 am

now adult ady…now thinking abt what game bro? :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Avatar townguy January 25th, 2010 at 11:10 pm

your are really ancient about gaming bro… :lol:

5. Avatar Nithz January 26th, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Classic..My favorite is “Street fighter” & “Super Mario”!! :mrgreen:

6. Avatar Rapunzelle January 29th, 2010 at 2:15 am

lolxx..nice one … is still can remember my lepaking at my frens place to play street fighter,,,,haha old memories….n now playing games in psp….hehe

7. Avatar Logan January 31st, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Those were the days man…. wish i could time travel – catch up all those things that ive missed… :?:

8. Avatar CRUZER February 2nd, 2010 at 1:13 pm

bro..was regularly checking ur blog for updates..anyway..welcome back… :mrgreen:

9. Avatar Makkez February 2nd, 2010 at 3:54 pm

@anilah – LOL, those were great games. You have a nice weekend too.

@Durai – Athan bro, ippe anthe mathiri games ellam vilanda kaari tupuvangge bro.

@Eyezmachi – Now adult ready brother, no time to think about games any longer. Hehe.

@townguy – Old is gold bro, no matter what.

@Nithz – Super Mario would be my all time favorite. =D

@Rapunzelle – PSP? Cool! But still, nothing can be up to par with those ancient games. =D

@Logan – Same here brother.

@CRUZER – Thanks bro. I’m back. =)

10. Avatar GuRReN February 19th, 2010 at 8:24 pm

was a gamer then , still a gamer now !! it will never get boring :roll:

11. Avatar happeningbaberocks February 19th, 2010 at 11:21 pm

i used to love mario…
    do u still remember the tamagotchi?

12. Avatar mueed abro September 16th, 2012 at 4:43 pm

i used to play super tanks i want play that game again …..missing those days hahahahah the first gaming experience of the time ….

Have something to say? Leave your reply now!