Most of you would have seen people in trance during Thaipusam but have you ever wondered how a person inherits a certain trance? Thanks to my friend Abang Vinod that now I am able to share a video with all of you showing the process of inheriting a trance, minus the preparation part. The person who inherits the body is none other than “Ayya”.
Getting into trance has been a debatable issue for such a long time and no one could actually give a scientific explanation on how the whole process works. Different cultures have different kind of trance in different ways and one of them is us, the Indians. While I do perceive the trances in Thaipusam as interesting, spiritualistic and holy, I could not help but to hate the trance which occured in Muar, the so-called act of sucking the blood of a goat under the name of “god”. Refer to Muar Kali for more info.
Brother Durai put up a nice post sharing his experience at Thaipusam recently. You can check it out here.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
VIKNESWARAN G. @ MAKKEZA system administrator by profession and a freelance web designer by nature. If any of my articles seem to be offending to you, feel free to drop me a message via my Facebook Profile. Those who wish to keep in touch, may also contact me via Facebook. Sekian, terima kasih.
- Becoming an Online Mande in Facebook
- Becoming a Typical Facebook Meenachi
- Learn The Malaysian Indian Gangster Language
- Clubbing Valkei for Dummies
- Machans and Machis MLM Tricks
- Hacking Facebook Profiles for Machans and Meenachis
- 6 features of Facebook that may screw you
- Malaysian Indian Kiddie Photographers
- What I Think I Do - M1 Version
- Semmozhiyaana Tamizh Mozhiyaam: Kes Tangkap
- Scammer VS M1 machan
- Muar Kali