[DISCLAIMER: This is purely for educational purpose. No Facebook accounts of machans or meenachis were hacked in the process]
With the increasing number of Facebook profiles of 14 year-old machans and meenachis being ‘hacked’, I decided to write-up a post on how this ‘hacking’ really takes place, how it is being done as well as ways to overcome them. I’m sure many of you would have seen a 14-year-old meenachi crying on Facebook due to her Facebook profile getting hacked and most of the time, those meenachis would somehow be able to identify the culprit who did it. Don’t ask me how but they would just know it.
For them, the ‘hacker’ would most probably be:
- Meenachi’s Ex-BF
- Meenachi’s Ex-BF’s GF (yes, for real)
- Meenachi’s Ex-BF’s friend
- Meenachi’s Ex-BF’s siblings
Okay, the above is purely an imagination of a 14-years-old meenachi. In reality, some of the common ways in which this tangachi’s profile can be hacked are:
- Logging in from Cybercafes (CC) – Yes, you heard that right. Cybercafes may be the perfect place for those machans and meenachis in getting their ass into
DOTA, porn,MSN chat and Facebook. Logging into Facebook may seem to be a normal thing but please be cautious of a tool called ‘Keylogger’ which will record down each stroke of the keys that you’ve pressed in the keyboard. If I am the operator of a CC and I have installed a hidden keylogger in each and every PC’s in the CC, then at the end of the day, I would be having hundreds of login information in a text file which will be automatically saved in my desktop (CC Administrator). I am NOT saying that all the CC’s that you frequent all this while have this keylogger but I am just alarming you, that things aren’t safe out there. Additionally, no matter where you have logged in, always remember to LOG OUT once you have finished your session.
- Facebook Links – What links? Well, the links that I am referring to here are those links that may look as in the screenshot below. Basically, instead of meenachis, the machans would be more attracted to these links. It doesn’t require many effort to trick those machans usually and all it takes is a thumbnail of girls making out together and a few catchy words such as ‘girls naked‘, ‘webcam nude‘, ‘scandal‘ and so on. The moment they see this, they would be tempted to click on the link without even realising what the link would do or where it would land. Once they clicked, the script will run in the background forcing the user’s account to auto-post the same status update and this goes on in a circle, as a never-ending loop. This doesn’t actually ‘hack’ the profile but for these machans and meenachis, their pR0fIL3 i$ h@ck3D! If you accidentally encountered a meenachi
auto-posting the status below, then you should have known what type of meenachi she is.
- Phishing Links – This, my friends, would be my favorite of all. This also happens to be the most simplest and stupidest way in duping someone to give in their email and password just by directing them to a link. Basically, the trick here is that:
1. Prepare a fake login page of Facebook and upload it to a free host such as ripway.com or 000webhost.com. For instance, something like below would do:
Click for a BIGGER version
2. At a first glimpse, the page above may seem to be a real ‘Please Login’ page but if you have a quick peek at the address / URL, you will notice something like below:
3. So, we have a Facebook fake login page as well as a host to upload the page. What’s next? Basically, the page needs to be connected to a backend script which will then grab the contents of the EMAIL and PASSWORD entered by the victim and record it in a text file that would be accessible only to the uploader. As for ‘what happens next when the user clicks on the login button’, it can always be redirected to a lame 404 Not found page or whatever error page that you want to convince the user, in such a way that ‘Oh my, something went wrong!‘.
4. Here comes the Maire Satu part. How to convince the machans and meenachis to click on the link?
Basically, in order to trick those meenachis, you would first need to have a normal conversation with the meenachi. Start with your background introduction, things that you like, things that you hate and don’t forget to brag on how much of money you have in your bank account (it’s a lie, obviously). Lastly, send her a ‘link’ stating that it is your blog and you have written about her since she’s the first person to actually have a nice conversation with you. Statistics says that 65% of meenachis would click the link. The rest is history.
This would be a jackpot for all those meenachis. In order to trick a machan, just add the machan in Facebook and send him a message saying that how charming he is in his profile picture (it’s a lie, obviously). Go further and tell that you are interested to know more about the guy and once the conversation had geared up, just send him a ‘link’ stating that he is the first person to actually get a place in your heart and you can’t help yourself but to write up about the guy in your blog. Statistics says that 100% of those machans would click the link. The rest is history.
5. When the link had been clicked, most of the machans and meenachis wouldn’t even bother to have a look at the address bar to see if it really points to facebook.com or some other domain and would quickly re-enter their email and password since ‘the browser cookies had so-called expired‘. This is where they would tend to screw up, paving way for the hacker to easily gain access to the user’s email and password based on what they have entered in the fake login page.
6. In the end, because of their own stupidity, they will then start to blame others for what had happened.
I never intend to teach on how to hack but I am merely penning down on how the hack can actually take place as well as the common methods in contributing to a Facebook profile being hacked. To those machans and meenachis, always be cautious to whom you are talking to, to which link you are heading to and ALWAYS pay attention to the address bar/URL as phishing happens to be the most common way of hacking profiles.
Konjum silap na sappe utturvangge.
Please SHARE this article by clicking on the SHARE button on your left if you really intend to share it. Terima kasih.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
VIKNESWARAN G. @ MAKKEZA system administrator by profession and a freelance web designer by nature. If any of my articles seem to be offending to you, feel free to drop me a message via my Facebook Profile. Those who wish to keep in touch, may also contact me via Facebook. Sekian, terima kasih.
- Becoming an Online Mande in Facebook
- Becoming a Typical Facebook Meenachi
- Learn The Malaysian Indian Gangster Language
- Clubbing Valkei for Dummies
- Machans and Machis MLM Tricks
- Hacking Facebook Profiles for Machans and Meenachis
- 6 features of Facebook that may screw you
- Malaysian Indian Kiddie Photographers
- What I Think I Do - M1 Version
- Semmozhiyaana Tamizh Mozhiyaam: Kes Tangkap
- Scammer VS M1 machan
- Muar Kali